Thursday, October 19, 2017

Top Ten Thursday - Pinterest

This weeks top ten gave me permission to spend time on the wonderful Pinterest - I could spend hours on this site looking at all sorts of things. Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom has asked us to share the things we love but will never do, or maybe we will.

I've decided to split my list into two halves, those I haven't done and those I have.

1. I love the idea of putting together a rug out of pom poms - this one is in the hope to do category. If I do make it I'll have to put it in one of the bedrooms as I think Princess Cookie Cat would have a field day pulling at the threads.

Pom Pom Rug
2. I have a Pinterest board for recycled living and one of the ideas that really appeals to me is making things out of old tyres, and especially painting them bright colours and making them into seats.

Recycled Tyre seat
3. This one is a want to do but don't think I'll ever be able to. Make perfect sugar cookies and decorate them beautifully with icing.

Iced Sugar Cookies
4. This is just an example, but I would prefer to make a birthday calendar out of driftwood and wooden disks. This is a must do but I'm yet to find the perfect piece of driftwood for the project.

Birthday Calendar
5. This one is in the halfway done category - a ribbon wreath. I started one for Christmas last year and got it half done, so need to get it out of the Christmas box and finish it for this year. Mine has greens, reds, golds, tartan, and sparkly white.

Ribbon Wreath
Now we move into the second half of the list and these I have done.

6. Mini Grasshopper Pies. I took part in a bake off competition when I worked at Maggie's West London, and for the semi-final we had to make a pie, so mine were these green marshmallow delights, and they got me through to the final (unfortunately I came second). These are no bake with an oreo crust and a filling that consists of Fluff (marshmallow cream), mint flavouring, and green food colouring.

Grasshopper pies
7. This is an idea that I got from the Dating Divas - they have lots of lovely boards that are full of romantic ideas. This is a one week pill box but instead of pills I put sweets into each day's box along with a love note for my beloved.


8. I absolutely adore all the romance ideas that can be found within Pinterest and this is one I did a few years ago for my beloved - a letter with words replaced by sweets, chocolates, or crisps. 


9. 365 notes in a jar - I loved doing this one for my beloved, it gives him a note from me to open every day and hopefully help him never forget how special he is to me. 

365 Notes Jar
10. Another incredibly soppy romantic idea that I got from within the depths of Pinterest. It's a pack of cards with 52 things I love about Ken - one written on every card. It took me quite a while to get it completed, but Ken's reaction when I gave it to him was worth every moment.


Are you a Pinterest fan? Do you have lots of pins of things that you'd love to do if you had more time on your hands? Before you go, pop over to Tamara's blog and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their list - Click Here to Visit.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and hoping things are good in your part of the world.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S: Bonus pin shows what I would love to do if we had our own home - create lots of spaces for Princess Cookie (and any other cats we may adopt) to roam around the home.

Cat Friendly Home

2 comments:

  1. Super adorable stuff, Pam! Congratulations on doing #6-10, especially the playing cards!
    The grasshopper pies sound delicious.

    Speaking of creating something out of old tires, have you ever seen the tire Christmas tree? Might go well with your wreath! https://www.pinterest.ch/search/pins/?q=tire%20Christmas%20tree&rs=typed&term_meta%5B%5D=tree%7Ctyped

    Thanks for playing, this was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Christmas tree - I think I should suggest that to one of the local garages as that would be a great promotional thing.

      Really enjoyed this one and of course I found more things to do in my research for the post.

      Delete