Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Balanced Hodgepodge

Middle of the week so it's time for the hodgepodge with the questions set by Joyce at the blog From This Side of the Pond. This is a great prompt based blog hop with differently themed questions every week.

1. Where do you go when you need some inspiration?

I love browsing through Pinterest, sometimes with an actual purpose in mind, but often just to see what's out there in the virtual world of ideas.

2. What's under your bed?


Sometimes there is a cat under the bed, but only when she doesn't want to leave the room when we want her to. There is bound to be dust under there, and my beloved has a box of things under there that don't fit in his bedside table.

3. Thursday, February 22nd is National Chili Day, National Margarita Day, and National Cook a Sweet Potato Day. Of the three which would you most like to celebrate? Is that likely?

Of the three options I would celebrate the Sweet Potato as I love them and they're such a versatile vegetable and so much tastier than their plain relatives.

4. What are you 'snowed under' with right now?


I'm not really snowed under with anything at the moment, though I am starting to feel the pressure build for doing the A to Z blogging challenge this year. I think I've finally decided on my theme, so now I just have to start writing my posts.

5. Tell us three to five things that make you feel balanced?


Am I allowed to say my beloved, my beloved, my beloved? No, okay I'll be good and say different things. My beloved is definitely the number one thing that helps me feel balanced, as he is the other half of my soul.



Cuddling one of our furbies is a great way to bring balance back and sometimes reading or watching tv can be a reminder that the world isn't as out of sync as it may seem.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


We are in the process of trying to integrate our new furby Lord Rocky Horror (cat) into our menagerie - it's a little bit stressful. Rocky has already put Bramble (Cocker Spaniel) in her place, which was quite funny as Bramble is so much bigger than our new little man. 

Bramble keeping a safe distance from Rocky
Princess Cookie Cat is another story altogether. She has got a constant growling hissing thing going on, to the point that she ends up coughing and growling at times. So far she has only lashed out a Rocky once, but we're making sure that we're always around when they're in the same room. They're living in different parts of the house when we're in bed or out of the house, as I worry what would happen without us here to adjudicate.


Rocky exploring his new home
What helps you to feel balanced? Before you go, make sure you pop over to Joyce's blog to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.

Until next time we hope that all is good in your little part of the world.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. I've been working on my A to Z list, also. I've actually made three lists and I think I'm going to do one during the April challenge (it was tough for me last year)!! Do you write most of yours ahead of time? I tried to do it day by day last year and I was really tired. I think I'm going to save one of my other lists and do my own A to Z in June and call it something else (because I like that list, too!!) Last year was my first year to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Princess Cookie Cat is quite the diva. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it's critter drama at your house. They will eventually find their place and quiet down. Okay, we can hope that happens.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete

  4. We agree with Aristotle.

    It will take a bit of time for Rocky to integrate but don't despair, it will happen! It's a good idea to keep Rocky separate from the others while sleeping and when you are out of the house. Animals do work the new hierarchy through and peace in the home is eventually restored.We have had our rescue dog Avalon for four months now and it now feels as if she has always been with us. Levon , (our cat),especially gave her a run for her money for the first few months as did they others in a milder fashion. We call it Pet Politics but it does settle down :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinterest is also my source of inspiration for my artist trading cards and mail art (decorated envelopes). I can spend hours looking at beautiful boards.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Pinterest too.I am looking forward to what you do for the A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete