1. We live beneath a rookery (lots of trees full of Rooks) and during spring and summer their level of noise is incredible whilst they are nesting and then looking after their chicks. This time of the year things are quieting down and they're not waking us up quite so early.
2. Even though the mornings are definitely getting cooler, the afternoons are still lovely enough to sit out and enjoy an end of summer icecream.
3. The leaves are starting to turn and it's always lovely to see the many shades of red, yellow, orange, and gold that adorn the trees. One of nature's true spectacles.
4. The harvests are nearly over which means the end of hayfever season. From the beginning of spring until about now I enjoy the pleasure of itchy eyes, sneezing, and a stuffed up head unless I take hayfever medication every day.
5. TV gets better in Autumn and most importantly Strictly Come Dancing returns to our screens. I love all the sequins, fake tans, shaved chests, and spectacle that is this fabulous show - celebrities learning to dance with extremely gorgeous professional dancers.
6. Piglets!! I love seeing little piggys running around looking so happy and they would definitely have a place in my animal sanctuary (when I win the lottery).
7. At this time of year there are glorious fields of purple heather all across the highlands and as my favourite colour is purple it's just another reason to love this time of year.
8. I love the sky at this time of year - the light has changed and there's a real sense of the changing seasons.
9. As the weather becomes cooler I finally have an excuse to cover up with long sleeve tops and any one of my many scarves.
10. Guess what? It's only 116 sleeps until Christmas - and yes there are Christmas cards in some shops already. As the weather changes it sort of brings home that we're fast approaching Santa's favourite time of year.
Do you like this time of year? Why don't you tell me what your favourite thing about the change from summer to autumn is? Before you go, pop over to Tamara's blog, Part-time working hockey mom and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and I hope wherever you are in the world that you're having a good day.
Pamela & Ken