I could have done a whole top ten from just two movies that I love, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and The Princess Bride, but I've manage to restrain myself and only put in a couple from each. Lets see what you think of my selection.
1. You killed the car. (Ferris Bueller's Day off)
2. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? (The Princess Bride)
3. You can't handle the truth. (A Few Good Men)
4. There are those that do not believe that a single soul born in heaven can split into twin spirits and shoot like falling stars to earth where over oceans and continents their magnetic forces will finally unite them back into one. But, how else to explain love at first sight? (Don Juan De Marco)
5. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic. (Sleepless in Seattle)
We've reached the halfway point - what do you think? Any of your favourites yet? The next quote is just for my beloved, as it's from his favourite movie of all time, Bladerunner (I've never seen it), and apparently this is one of the great quotes from the film.
6. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die. (Bladerunner)
7. We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all. (The Breakfast Club)
8. I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. (When Harry Met Sally)
9. As you wish. (The Princess Bride)
10. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
Now I want to watch all those films again. Do you have movie quotes that you love and are the first thing you think of when you think of that movie? Do you have quotes that you use for your own life situations that are from a movie? Before you go, pop over to Tamara's blog, Part-time Working Hockey Mom, and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and watch your favourite movie this week.
Pamela & Ken