Wednesday, December 06, 2017

A Hodgepodge of Life

Wednesday Hodgepodge time with the questions provided by Joyce at the blog, From This Side of the Pond.

1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?

Tasmanian and her beloved explore Scotland one cake at a time. 


2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?


We are constantly using our microwave for so many things. I prefer a milky coffee, so a cup of milk gets blitzed to make my coffee and Ken uses it to make his porridge every morning. We do poached eggs in it, cook veggies, melt chocolate when I'm baking, do baked potatoes, and I could go on. We could live without our microwave but we would just have to allow a lot longer for meal preparation.

3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?


My favourite carol, and it really doesn't feel like Christmas until I've heard it, is O Holy Night. The words speak of hope, of loving each other, of oppression ending, and of peace - who wouldn't want to live those words.



4. Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken.

The most beautiful drive I've ever taken only took about ten minutes and was in the back of a white car sat beside my father. It was the drive from my parents house to the Baptist Church to marry my best friend and the day we truly started our lives together. This coming Monday will be 18 years since that drive, and every day with my beloved is a blessing.


5. What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)

One thing that is always on my Christmas list is Ferrero Raffaello which my beloved always gets me. The other thing that's not on my list, but we always have them at Christmas and that's After Eight mints - can you tell I've got a bit of a sweet tooth.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Princess Cookie Cat had a trip to the vet yesterday and due to a large weight loss, fur loss, and a dodgy tooth, I foresee lots of vet visits in the future. We're (anxiously) awaiting blood test results before we find out what the next step is - hoping nothing too major is found. She'll definitely need at least one tooth out but the vets are going to do a mouth x-ray and see if there are any other teeth that are degenerating at the root.

After having no health problems for the last 13 years, it seems our Princess is going to make up for lost time. It's such a huge relief that we have pet insurance, which we often had to say when Cookie's sister Muffin was alive. Keep your fingers crossed that all is well with our gorgeous furby.

I think by the look on her face she knew she was headed to the vet.
What's on your Christmas list this year? Before you go, make sure you visit Joyce's Blog to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their answers.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and have a nice piece of cake this week.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary! I had a favourite wedding-day drive as well, from the church to the reception, half an hour away, in the back seat of a '60's Ford Galaxy with my husband-of-twenty-minutes, and a friend chauffeuring us...it was a hot day, and he had thought ahead to stash cold drinks in the car. Definitely memorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That sounds like a really lovely drive and a good thing about the drinks. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Your Princess is such a lovely tabby, I hope she will be well soon.
    I wonder if you have received your Ornament swap parcel,posted last week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, I'm sure she will be fine. I think the parcel took slightly longer than normal as the Highlands is a bit of a challenge for some reason.

      Delete
  3. Poor kitty, when she has her tooth removed you will have to send me your address and I will send her a tooth fairy gift. The weight loss could be from thyroid. I have 4 older cats on medicine for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet. I'm hoping whatever it is that it's a simple thing but if she does need medicine I'm not worried as she is so easy to give tablets to - she used to even pinch her sisters if she could.

      Delete