Thursday, October 04, 2012

Mind, Body, & Soul Experience

Last Sunday my long suffering husband agreed to accompany me to the Mind, Body, and Soul experience at Olympia - all that new age stuff is not really his thing, but he went with a semi-open mind.  We got the train from Watford into London and as you can see from the photo below Ken could hardly contain his excitement at the coming day.

Ken asleep on the train before we got there.
There were lots of different therapies there and just after we arrived I was already having reflexology (which was fab) and my poor husband was left to wander aimlessly for 20 minutes whilst he waited for me.  When I finished my treatment I went looking for him, which took a while as I was looking for someone walking around with a slightly cynical look on his face, and instead I found him sitting down having hand analysis by needle free acupuncture!

Note the gorgeous floral shirt.
My matter of fact, disbeleiving husband was throwing himself into the experience so off I went for a wander, returning to find that the floral shirt had suddenly disappeared.

I bet he was glad he wore a t-shirt under his shirt!
Next his shoes and socks were removed and I think the lovely lady doing the therapy would have stripped him totally if they were'nt sitting in a public thoroughfare.

My gorgeous man exposing his body to all around - be still my beating heart.
Ken said that the needle free acupuncture really helped his neck and back ache that he constantly has, and he has come away with loads of herbal medicines to sort out his body (though from where I'm standing there's not much that needs sorting out).

We had a great day - especially people watching, as you see all sorts at an event like this, with all sorts of outfits on. 



I bought a lovely book about the power of silence and finding serenity in silence, and a raw food cookbook (I know that sounds a bit Irish, but what else could they call it) as I'd really like to try that every now and then for health reasons.  I also got a lovely pink scarf as there were lots of lovely clothes stalls as well.


Neal's Yard stall


We saw some interesting demonstrations, including belly dancing, yoga, and very weird singing.  We also met the author of a very interesting sounding book that he has written with the premise that God, Allah, and Buddha get together for a meeting and how that conversation would go - it sounded intriguing.

After we'd had our fill of mind, body and soul we went across the road to a lovely Persian restaurant (we went to it over 13 years ago before we were married) for dinner and it was as wonderful as we remembered - with the traditional Iranian bread oven making gorgeous bread.  Ken had mint tea with a really nice little trivet and candle to keep his tea warm.


I was a great meal, and a really good day with my beloved.  That's it for now - be good, stay safe, and keep smiling.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. Romantic shot to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment