1. Airline queues: this is one that we've experienced over the last few days and it always brings out the worst in people. We're all in the same departure gate, the plane is not going to leave without us, and yet what could be a nice orderly queue turns into a free for all with people pushing in line and basically being very annoying.
3. We don't need to see that: don't you just love it (not!!) when you see people sitting like this and showing way too much of their anatomy off to the world. There should be trouser police who go around squirting ice cold water down these 'openings'.
4. Mobile phones at checkouts: it is so inappropriate and rude and probably stems from arrogance for people to think it's alright to be talking on their mobile whilst they are being served in a shop, usually totally ignoring the person behind the counter except to shove money at them.
5. Dogs outside shops: I know this is quite a common practice but I don't like it for two reasons. Firstly, the dog could be stolen, very easily, and that would be devastating. The other reason is that some people leave their dogs for ages and it really upsets me when you see a dog whining and barking for their owner to come back. I've seen dogs left outside shops in really hot weather and equally in really cold and wet weather and I find it really inappropriate, but hey, that's just me.
6. Bad car drivers: in particular, the really rude ones who cut you off and nearly cause a car accident. The ones who get in the wrong lane and then realise at the last minute, cutting across several lanes to get to their turn off. Thankfully I have a husband who had police driver training and we always make it home in one piece.
7. Littering: we live on a beautiful planet with so many wonderful places to visit and explore and yet people still insist on littering our world. It would be great if we all lived by the quote: Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time.
8. Excuse me: don't you just hate it when you're looking at something in a shop and someone else decides they want it and rather than saying excuse me they just push in front of you and get it. If I'm feeling cheeky then I might say excuse me (very sarcastically) to them, but usually I just huff and let them get away with it. I think the phrase 'excuse me' is an optional extra in some people's vocabulary's.
9. Train & Tube commuters: One thing that I really don't miss from London is travelling on the underground and the trains to work. People get in this head down mode where they can't see anyone else and they just rush forwards, not caring who they bump into - don't be going slow and get in the way of the commuter wave as it's not a good thing. I was in London for a couple of the underground strikes so for the first one I got the train to work, but getting onto the train was a very scary experience as it was so crowded on the platform that it took a few trains before I got near the doors, and then as I started to step on a man grabbed me and shoved me back so that he could get on. Commuting brings out the worst in people.
|Stock photo from Pixabay.com|
10. Phubbing: this is that really awful habit that some people have of ignoring who they're with in favour of their phone, so phone snubbing = phubbing. Sometimes when my beloved and I go out for a meal or even just for a coffee we'll see people at other tables who are all on their phones rather than interacting with each other. It looks particularly rude when it's in a restaurant, and hopefully none of the people we've seen have been on a date.
Do you agree with my list or have you got lots of other pet peeves that you consider rude, inappropriate, or arrogant? Before you go, pop over to Tamara's blog Part-time Working Hockey Mom and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and be nice to everyone you meet.
Pamela & Ken