Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Hodgepodge Wednesday - my convoluted ramblings

I've discovered the Wednesday Hodgepodge challenge which is hosted by Joyce at the blog From This Side of the Pond and is our answers to a selection of questions - be prepared for seeing how my brain works in a slightly rambling way.


1. When you think about your future what do you fear most? Hope for the most?

Nothing like jumping straight in with a tough question, but easy as I have a longstanding irrational fear that started in my twenties. When I lived in Sydney there was a news item about a lady that had died at home with no one realising for several months and I remember being really upset by that as how could someone be so alone in life that they could just disappear from life without a thought from anyone. Here's an even worse story about a lady in Sydney that had been dead in her home for eight years - Click Here to read. So my fear for the future is that I die and no one notices.

My hope for the future is that my beloved and I have many, many more happy years together.



2. September is National Chicken Month. How often is chicken on the menu at your house? What's a favorite dish made with chicken? What's something you're a 'chicken' about doing or trying?

Now that we're pescatarians (fish eating vegetarians) chicken is no longer on the menu, but when we did eat it I think my favourite was a toss up between a good roast chicken, or scrummy barbecued chicken. I thought that I would miss it when we stopped eating it but I really haven't.

I'm a big chicken when it comes to visiting the dentist - Ken has to stay in the waiting room the whole time in case I need him, and there are usually tears involved (yes, I'm a big baby). Due to this I don't go to the dentist nearly as often as I should.

3. What are three things you don't own but wish you did?

I would love to have a piano. I had lessons for years as a child/teenager and I feel this is a skill that is disappearing more with every year that goes by. When I was younger I wanted a white baby grand piano, but now I'd settle for a plain old brown upright.

For my beloved I would love to own a garage or large shed so that he could tinker away to his hearts content on whatever old car he happens to have at the time. (He has a slightly worrying love for his cars).



Owning a house is a dream of many people and we're included in that. We don't want much, a small cottage with a small garden that we could sit out in to enjoy nature.

4. Would you rather be a jack of all trades or a master of one? Elaborate.  If you answered one, which one?

I would love to be a master of languages. How lovely it would be to be able to communicate with more people in their own language - I think the world would be a much better place. And when I say languages that includes sign language. I know bits of several languages, hello in German, French, Arabic, Japanese, Italian, Sign Language - I think that's all of them, and I know quite a few more words in Arabic from my time working there.

5. Ketchup or mustard? On what?

Neither. If I had my choice it would be barbecue sauce and especially on fish fingers. The perfect way to have it is in a fish finger sandwich with fresh white bread, barbecue sauce spread on both slices, and four fish fingers squashed between them. I even prefer barbecue sauce on chips - does that make me weird?

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm noticing more and more lately that people don't take any notice of when someone else is trying to take a photo and they just walk in front of the camera/phone. My beloved thinks it's just because they are ignorant and aren't very self aware. I think it might have something to do with digital cameras. People know that it's not going to waste film if they walk through a shot and know that it can just be taken again - or am I trying to put more thought into what is basically a  non thinking act?

So there you have my answers, I wonder what your answers would be to the questions? Before you go, pop over to Joyce's blog and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and make sure you take moments to really enjoy life.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Hodgepodge. A garage sounds a good plan if your hubby enjoys cars but hopefully attached to your house otherwise you might not see much of him lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy and that's an excellent suggestion about the garage.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! I'm a chicken about the dentist too. I make myself go but I dread the appointments. I liked your answer to #4. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce, I really enjoyed answering those questions. I'm glad I'm not the only person that dreads the dentist. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. It is so good to meet you and visit for a spell this morning. That, by the way, is an old southern way of saying "it was good to sit down and get to know you better." I hope to see you here again. Love the picture of Hubby with his car. That says a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, you'll definitely see me again as I really enjoyed this challenge. My beloved with his car is a perfect depiction of his love for them - I often tease him that they're his other woman.

      Delete
  4. Ha! Totally true about people taking photos.

    ReplyDelete