Thursday, June 28, 2018

Top Ten Thursday - June Scavenger Hunt

It's time for the June photo scavenger hunt which is part of the Top Ten Thursday blog hop hosted by Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom. These are the ten things that we have to find:
  1. Guidepost
  2. Cow
  3. Worship
  4. Pancakes
  5. Cool
  6. Hot
  7. Stairs
  8. Chains
  9. Flags
  10. Ribbons
Here are my interpretations:

1. Guidepost - this is my beloved's contribution to the scavenger hunt this week, and I think he found two very interesting guideposts, one with great Scottish place names on it, and the other pointing to a burial ground.


2. Cow - this is one of three Highland Cows that live in a field near us. They belong to a posh hotel and it's a great tourist attraction, with people always wanting to take photos of them. Recently one of the cows escaped from the field and went for a wander through a local housing estate - it's picture was put on Facebook with it standing on someone's lawn.


3. Worship - this is St Demhan's Cross (or in gaelic, Crois Naoimh Demhan) which is thought to be a Pictish standing stone that has been recycled by the Christians in about the 10th century. The theory is that with it's simple carved cross it would have been used as a focus for worship with people gathering around it to listen to a preacher.


4. Pancakes - I love pancakes but hadn't had any for ages, so the scavenger hunt was a perfect opportunity to buy some and have them with salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. Very scrummy.


5. Cool - in our fridge are two lovely cans of Baileys iced coffee and I think this weekend may be the perfect time to drink them as the weather is very, very warm.


6. Hot - no matter what the weather our crazy puppy dog Bramble Jelly still runs around like mad and then ends up looking very hot. I tried to catch her tongue hanging out even further but she was panting so quickly that I couldn't get it.


7. Stairs - when we enter the house after being out anywhere, Bramble Jelly runs to the landing and wants me to make a fuss of her, even though we've just been together. Sometimes Lord Rocky Horror lurks around to see if he can whack Bramble as she runs past.


8. Chains - in the January Scavenger Hunt for beads I had a picture of my necklaces in a bit of a tangle. My beloved managed to untangle them for me and they now hang happily with my other necklaces which include many chains.


9. Flags - we overlook the Nairn Golf Club which was founded in 1887, and in front of the clubhouse are three flags. The Scottish (of course), the British (sort of understandable), and the American (I have no idea why).


10. Ribbons - getting this photo gave me the perfect excuse to go into my favourite shop, Hobbycraft, and as usual I came out with things that I didn't realise I needed. There are so many pretty ribbons on display, and these ones would be really lovely wrapped around a jar of homemade jam.


I hope you enjoyed my offerings for this month's hunt, and why don't you join us in the future. Before you go, make sure you hop over to Tamara's Blog and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their pictures.

Until next time, be good, and stay safe wherever you are in this huge world.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment