I'm choosing to do all positive things about the two countries as I think if I went for the one glaringly awful thing about the USA I would end up being here all day. How fitting that the awful thing is arriving in the UK on Friday the 13th for his first visit since becoming president.
I've split my list of things I love about the two countries into two:
1. Peanut Butter - this wonderful substance that I love on toast, or in a sandwich, or on a banana, or in icecream, and I could go on and on. It was apparently invented by a pharmacist for people that were struggling to eat solid foods.
2. Kiefer Sutherland - such a great actor and so many great films. The Lost Boys, Young Guns, Flatliners, The Three Musketeers, and A Few Good Men to name just a few. He's also done some great tv series including Touch and 24 - a very versatile actor.
3. Celine Dion - I don't care if it's not considered cool, but I'm a huge fan. Her concert in Sydney that I saw was amazing, and she is so lovely.
4. Maple Syrup - the wonderful sticky scrummy sweetness of a lake of maple syrup on top of pancakes with vanilla icecream. Fabulous.
5. Justin Trudeau - Canada's Prime Minister and how wonderful to see a world leader that actually seems to be in touch with the people he serves.
6. The Internet - this one doesn't need any explanation, as you're using it to read this.
7. Crime Dramas - this is something that the Americans do so well especially with shows like CSI, any of the Law and Orders, Criminal Minds, and Scorpion.
8. Ellen Degeneres - this clip of Ellen receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom explains perfectly why I think she is one of the best things about the USA.
9. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - I remember the first time I had one of these incredibly delicious treats (I know I'm very sad) when the first UK branch opened in Harrods in London. As we waited in line to buy a doughnut we were given a free original glazed one and I was hooked. It's probably a good thing that there isn't an outlet in the Highlands as I love them way too much.
10. Sitcoms - there are some great comedic sitcoms that have come out of the USA, and if I had to choose my favourite three they would be; Seinfeld, Friends, and The Big Band Theory.
How about you? Are there things you love about the two countries, or are the anti North America?
Before you go make sure you hop over to Tamara's Blog to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their lists.
Until next time, and hopefully it won't be a week this time, be good, stay safe, and be kind to yourself.
Pamela & Ken
P.S: Lord Rocky Horror looking like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth - so innocent and yet so full of character.