Saturday, August 25, 2018

A Brainstorming Top Ten and some Friendly Fill Ins

Today I'm catching up with Top Ten and the Friendly Fill Ins - enjoy.

This week for Top Ten Thursday (I know I'm very late) Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom has asked us to brainstorm an upcoming project: top ten ideas on how to remodel your terrace, how to fit in more exercise into your days or how to pimp your blog,...?

My project is to make sure we're getting all our nutrients and and include more veggies that we've not had before in our pescatarian (fish eating vegetarians) diet.

1. I've recently bought a fabulous chart that outlines nutrients and the veggies they're found in, which I plan to stick to the wall where we do our food preparation.

2. Follow instagram accounts that share healthy vegetarian recipes. A great one that I've found is Vegetarian Eats.

3. Try new foods when out and about to see if it's something we'd want to experiment with at home. Something that I must try as I've seen it in several recipes, is Jackfruit.

4. Remember that a lot of vitamins and minerals can be found in seeds which are really easy to add to all sorts of things.

5. Lots of people always assume that we find it difficult to get enough protein as we don't eat meat anymore, but there are lots of other ways to get this very important nutrient, nuts being one of my favourites especially in the form of peanut or cashew butter.

6. The other important mineral that is a little harder to get is iron, though you'd be surprised how much iron is in vegetarian foods. This Website gives details of the different foods and how much iron is in them. The other factor with plant based iron is that it's important to try and optimise the absorption by eating vit C rich foods with your iron ones, and avoid tea or coffee at mealtimes.

7. Another thing I'd like to do to perk up our diet is to try some new vegetables in our meals. One of the supermarkets we were at recently had some veggies that I'd never seen before so I'm definitely going to google some recipes and try them. 

8. Explore more health food shops to find new and unusual things to eat. We've got some seaweed noodles in the cupboard that we need to try - they're black and full of healthiness.

9. In project eat better we need to not become too obsessed with what we're eating that we lose the joy of food.

10. Never forget that chocolate and coffee have lots of really important nutrients in them, especially the feel good nutrient that it would be silly to live without.


Have you got any projects that you need to undertake? Before you leave today, make sure you hop over to Tamara's Blog and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.

Now it's onto Friday's Friendly Fill Ins which is hosted by 15andmeowing.com and Four-Legged Furballs, visit their blogs to see other bloggers answers. The bits in bold are provided for us and the rest is purely me.
  
1. My beloved brings out the best in me as he always has faith in my abilities even when I don't.

2. Animal cruelty and neglect makes me grumpier than Grumpy Cat and more morose than Eeyore. I'll never understand the mentality of people that can hurt an animal, especially cats as they are such beautiful creatures (but then I'm a bit biased).

Lord Rocky Horror - much chubbier than when we adopted him.
3. If money grew on trees, I would buy us a house and take in lots of animals that need a good home.

4. I have a fear of spiders and heights when I'm in a car which I know is a bit bizarre. Spiders is a sensible fear as lots of them in Australia are very poisonous, but the car thing is a bit odd as I'm fine with heights otherwise. 

That's it for today, if you've enjoyed this post why don't you join us next week on Thursday or Friday or both.

Until next time, have a really wonderful week.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, you were missed. Great answers.
    I am glad we have no poisonous spiders where I live. I think your #'s 1 and 3 are sweet. I think it is great that you are eating healthier and not eating meat. Have a wonderful week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam - good for you for experimenting ... I've never eaten jackfruit - so I'll be interested to hear how that goes. I love veg and now I'm out here I'm eating more meat ... but in a meat eating family can't help that, though don't usually cook meat for myself. Love a really varied diet though ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't understand why people are mean to animals, either. It is so sad.

    Lord Rocky Horror is a beautiful kitty.

    I don't think it is weird to be afraid of heights when you're in a car. You cannot control the bad driving of other people and it is scary to be basically at their mercy. I love the mountains, but not in a car. Walking on them, I'm fine. In a car, I'm ready for the psyche ward. :)

    In regards to your healthy living adventure, I have another site for you to check out. It is our friend's daughter. Her name is Asma. Her site is FoodnEverythingElse. Here is the URL: FoodnEverythingElse.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiders are something to be afraid of. We used to just put them outside. Now, since they started biting Suzanne, a lot, we get rid of them. We live on the Texas Gulf Coast where we have lots of spiders. Suzanne has been bitten by some really nasty ones. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mind maps are a tool used to visualize and organize information. Capturing your free flow of ideas using a mind map during brainstorming will help you quickly make sense of the relationships between the information you come up with. They are also a great way to break down an idea and analyze it. You can draw mind maps with Creately mind mapping software

    ReplyDelete