Thursday, October 12, 2017

Top Ten Thursday - Jobs

It's Top Ten Thursday and today we're doing a top ten list of jobs we wouldn't mind doing, provided the necessary circumstances were right. The weekly theme is set by Tamara at the blog Part-time Working Hockey Mom.

1. Archeologist: discovering how people lived in the past has always fascinated and puzzled me in equal measure. I have been known to yell at the TV when the expert says something like; 'this object was used by the mistress to the king in the fifth century' - HOW DO THEY KNOW!! I would love to have a better understanding of the past as it definitely shapes our future.

On a similar theme;

2. Genealogist: I love doing family history research for similar reasons to above. I love finding out fascinating things like convicts, success stories, illegitimate children, and unusual deaths.

One of my ancestors
 3. Fortune Cookie Writer: someone must think up all of those things that are hidden inside the cookies and I would love to do that. I'd make sure they were positive sayings with a little bit of quirkiness thrown in. For example; You will live a long and happy life with twenty cats.

Speaking of cats.....

4. Cat Behaviourist: helping misunderstood felines have the pampered lives they deserve by helping their human servants understand them. Imagine, a job where you got to spend every day with lots of lovely cats.

5. Baker: I love baking for others so it would be great to be able to do this for money. It pleases me when people eat a cake I may have made and they enjoy it.


6. Anthropologist: in the past I have thought about doing my Masters in Anthropology as the behaviour of humans and how we have progressed (or not) through history is incredibly fascinating. I may still do something on this topic in the future.

7. Author: I love writing and would love to write a book one day. There are lots of quotes along a similar theme, but I like Jodi Picoult's the best; Everyone has a book inside of them - but it doesn't do any good until you pry it out. 

8. Professional Sleeper: yes, this is a job. Bed and mattress designers pay people to sleep on their products to check how comfortable they are. I think that Ken and I would both be good at this. Hotel owners will also pay people to sleep in their new rooms to make sure they are relaxing and comfortable.

9. Mystery Diner: this is where owners of restaurants pay you to go into their establishment as a customer and check on the quality of the food, the service, and the overall ambience of the restaurant. That would be a dream job.

10. Book Store/Cafe Owner: I would love a quirky little book store that also served tea and coffee and my home bakes. There would be mismatched comfy chairs dotted around the space, classical music playing, a resident cat or two, and lots of lovely books.

Are any of these jobs ones that you would consider doing? Before you go, pop over to Tamara's blog and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with in their lists - Click Here to Visit.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and enjoy what ever you're doing with your life this week.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. #3 & 7 through 10 - wouldn't mind working at these professions, though I probably wouldn't want to do #9 that often, as I don't like eating out much.

    great list, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissa, thanks for visiting. I think we'd all write great fortunes for the cookies.

      Delete
  2. So many great ones, Pam! I love "Fortune Cookie Writer", haha!

    While I would probably not get the professional sleeper job with my insomnia issues, I might do mystery shopper at hotels. I feel like one every time I check into one! Some receptionists are so generic... I hate how little space you get in hotel room bathrooms. Where is a girl supposed to put her lotions, toothbrush, shower gel, etc???

    #10 is perfect for you! I'd visit and stay there for hours, enjoying your cakes and the free guest wifi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about hotel receptionists - they could make the experience so much better for everyone, and don't get me started on the lack of space for toiletries in most hotels.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete