It's Top Ten Thursday and today we're listing the things we do while we wait... at the doctors, the airport, or waiting for a train. and your phone battery is low so you can't use it for mindless Facebook scrolling. The theme is set by Tamara at the blog; Part-time Working Hockey Mom.
|Picture from Pixabay.com|
1. Read: My phone may be going flat, but if I know I'm going to have a long wait somewhere then I would either have my Kindle or a book with me so that I can continue with whatever story is my current escape hatch.
2. People Watch: this is a great pastime, especially if you're with someone that you can share it with. My beloved and I will squeeze each others hand if we see someone interesting but more often than not we'll both look the wrong way.
3. Lottery Winnings: a regular daydream that I have is what we will do when we win the lottery. The first thing will be to make sure we don't leave the winning ticket anywhere near Bramble Jelly as she recently ate a ticket that had a few pounds winnings on it! A lovely home will definitely feature, lots of travel, and lots of rescue animals.
|These two handsome chaps were at Harefield Dogs Trust|
4. Christmas Plans: at this time of the year I start thinking about what I've got to do before the big day, what I'm going to put in our Christmas letter, and whether I can convince Ken to pose for a Christmas card photo with the brats.
5. Chocolate: first I will rummage through my handbag and see if there's any chocolate hiding near the bottom or in a side pocket (I usually stash chocolates you get given at the end of meals in restaurants) and if that doesn't result in anything I'll see if there's a vending machine that I can raid.
6. Work: much as I try not to, if I have too long to wait then work related thoughts start encroaching on my mind. A lot of planning thoughts about upcoming courses or workshops, and worrying about whether I've said the right things to people.
7. Holidays: thinking about where we should go on holiday next is always on my mind. So many places I'd love to go, but until #3 happens then I have to stop thinking about an epic journey on the Trans Siberian Express and instead think much closer to home and for maybe slightly less time.
|Bus tour of Krakow, Poland|
8. Earwigging: I often find myself tuning into peoples conversations without even meaning to, but then get quite frustrated as I wish I could contribute to the really interesting ones. Ken's just as bad and when we were at a cafe on Skye earlier in the year, he did get involved in a nearby conversation as the child at a table was saying that the song playing was Ed Sheeran but the father told her that was ridiculous - Ken interrupts and lets them know that the daugher was correct.
9. My bed: yes, sometimes my thoughts go to how wonderful it would be to be snuggled up in my bed instead of waiting wherever I happen to be at that time. I love my bed.
10. Ken: invariably if I'm waiting too long then I will start thinking about my beloved and our life together and hoping that we have many, many more years to share.
Do you do some of the same things when you're waiting, or do you have other things that help pass the time? Before you go, pop over to Tamara's blog, Part-time Working Hockey Mom and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and I hope you don't spend too long waiting for what you want this week.
Pamela & Ken