Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday's Friendly Fill Ins

It's Friday so it's time for the friendly fill ins which are set by Annie at McGuffy's Reader and Ellen at 15andmeowing.com. The words in purple are the prompts that are provided and then the rest is me.

1.The flu shot always makes my arm ache for a few days. I have the flue jab as I'm a nurse that works with cancer patients who are often immunosuppressed, and I would hate to give them any illnesses. I also have it because of an underlying condition I have and I really, really don't want to catch the flu.
2. I think everyone should take a few moments daily to consider at least three things that they are grateful for.
3. I (almost) always tell Princess Cookie Cat that she's in charge when we leave the two furbies at home, because she's the oldest and the more sensible of the two.

The sensible one
The crazy one
4. I (almost) never  fall asleep before my beloved because I read for a lot longer. Reading has never put me to sleep so I usually have to force myself to stop if what I'm reading is really good. Even when I was young and it was lights out, I used to read with a torch under the blankets.

Do you have any interesting daily habits? Before you go make sure you hop over to Annie's Blog to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their fill ins.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and have a gratitude filled weekend.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

16 comments:

  1. Princess Cookie Cat is a beauty. Love the silly dog look too. Perfect.

    I always fall asleep before hubby.

    I take time every single day to be thankful for so many wonderful things in my life.

    I linked this post to Feline Friday. The sensible Princess asked me to.

    Have a purrfect and woof woof day. My best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee, she knows she's beautiful, that's why we call her a princess. Have a really lovely week.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I didn't know you were a nurse, that must be a tough job, especially emotionally. Princess Cookie Cat should be in charge :) Have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen, I love my job as I've found my niche where I'm working with a fabulous team.
      Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  3. Great answers to the fill-ins. The Sensible One is so cute but I must say the dog made me laugh really hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ida. Bramble's crazy look always makes me laugh too.
      Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Princess eyes get big, "I have to take care of Crazy?" I don't think she is thrilled with the job.

    that dog cracks me up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie is never thrilled with the jog, and occasionally reminds Bramble of that by batting her on the nose.
      Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Hi Pam - I had my first flu shot before I left the UK - as I thought it prudent - I don't normally like them or want them: my mother never wanted one when she was stroked (she was given the option) ... but my doctor gave me the best shot I've ever had - didn't feel a thing and didn't react!! Also am still healthy 2 months on .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your flu shot went smoothly and hope you're not too cold over there.
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. I always get my flu shot and am amazed at folks who refuse. My son didn't get his this year and was sick for two weeks. Maybe he has learned his lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My beloved still won't get one but I keep trying to convince him.
      Have a good week Denise.

      Delete
  7. I always fall asleep before my husband I just don't stay asleep! Your kitty and pup are both darling! I like your second Fill-in. I used to keep a journal and wrote down the things I was thankful for every day. I am pretty aware of the good things and I am thankful but it would be good to write them down again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two furbies are both crazy in their own ways and I nearly always include them on my list of things I'm thankful for.
      Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  8. Oh, my...#3...yes, there is always an alpha and an omega. *wink* Balance is a wonderful thing! I could also relate to #2 and #4. Thank you for being a part of Friendly Fill-Ins. Hugs.
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Annie and for hosting the fill ins.
      Have a really lovely week.

      Delete