Friday, January 19, 2018

Friday's Friendly Reflections

It's Friday so it's time for the friendly fill ins which are set by Annie at McGuffy's Reader and Ellen at 15andmeowing.com. The words in purple are the prompts that are provided and then the rest is me.

1. I have never been able to sleep with a wardrobe door open in the bedroom. I know it's a bit weird for an adult to have a thing about monsters in the wardrobe, but it's just one of my many quirks. 

2. I wish I could still play the piano as well as I used to, but as I haven't had access to one for years, my abilities have slipped away. I think the last time I played one was when we stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast in Whitstable, Kent, which was years ago.

Bed and breakfast piano
3. Home with my beloved and the furbies is my ideal winter night

4.  A picture of Bertie Boo and Muffin Monster came up in my Facebook memories today. Bertie was such a lovely boy, and left this earth in 2014 at the age of 12, and Muffin, our feisty little black cat left in 2016, again at the age of 12. I wrote a post, Farewell to Bertie Boo, after he died, but I still haven't been able to write one about Muffin - maybe one day.


What would your perfect winters night be? Before you go, make sure you pop over to Annie's blog, McGuffy's Reader, to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their fill ins.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and say hello to the next animal you see.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxxx 

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I had the same answer for #3 :) You are lucky you know how to play the piano, I tried as an adult and didn't get very far. I do have a piano though that I got for free 10 years ago from Craigslist. Have a nice weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. How lovely that you have a piano, maybe I'll have to keep a look out and see if I can get one cheap someday.
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. What lovely answers. I spend my time with hubby every evening of every season. It's the very best to time.

    Our Little Bit left us when she was almost 13 and the pain is still there. I don't think it ever goes away.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee, I agree, grief never really goes away, we just learn to live with it and the new furbies in our lives help ease that pain.
      Yes, home with our other halves is definitely the best way to spend an evening.
      Have a really lovely week.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you about sleeping with open closet doors, they just seem to be the perfect hiding spot for lurking monsters, I don't put my hands under the bed at night either! Childhood habits are hard to break! :-)

    I haven't been around a piano to play in about thirty years, I doubt if my brain and fingers could still remember how, but I used to love it very much, it was great relaxation therapy.

    Home with the ones we love is always the warmest, best place on a winter night. Who wants to go out in the cold when there is all that love at home?

    We never stop missing the furry little souls who have departed for the rainbow bridge, we think of them often, and I like to believe they stop by for a visit now and then. XO

    Josie Two Shoes ~ Friendly Fill-ins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only adult with the wardrobe issue, and don't even get me started on under the bed.
      I don't think I'd be able to remember very much music now but I agree with you about how relaxing playing the piano can be.
      I'm sure that our furbies do visit every now and then.
      Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Pam,

    I laughed just a bit at #1 because sometimes I get a little wigged out to put my feet over the side of the bed at night. One never knows what's under there? I took a few piano classes as a kid and this one of life's regrets wishing I had stuck with it but I didn't. :( What I enjoy doing on winter nights is snuggling with DH on the sofa watching movies while drinking hot tea/chocolate or coffee. This really knocks the chill off ya! It's painful loosing a furbaby. Maybe one day, you can write that farewell. Thanks for sharing your fill-ins. This is a great way to get to know fellow blog buds better. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad other adults have similar night time issues to me - thank goodness. Snuggling on the sofa is the best at anytime of the year.
      Glad you enjoyed my answers and agree that it's a lovely way to get to know each other around the world.

      Delete
  5. I understand about things like open drawers and closet doors, and things like that. Everything must be just right. Have you read my children's book, Bedtime Tail? Please do. I think you would like it. It is on Amazon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look up your book Annie. Have a great day.

      Delete