I took a while to decide which Disney character I was going to choose, and it had to be something that Ken could do with me, so needed to be to characters that are related. The options are many, with Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, two of the seven dwarves, and I could go on. It finally came to me, the perfect pairing for us, the fabulous Chip and Dale, the chipmunks.
|photo by Loren Javier @ Flickr|
1. Chip and Dale, as fur costume characters, don't talk at all, so I think I would have to poke Chip quite often to make sure we knew what each other was up to. I'm sure Chip wouldn't get at all annoyed if I kept doing that all day.
2. I think one of our favourite things to do would be to sit and stare at people when they're eating, looking longingly at their sweet treats.
3. We'd have to have a break every hour as the costumes are very heavy, and can get very hot, so the two of us would disappear into a secret tunnel to remove our heads.
4. I know it's going to be hard for me not to talk for a whole day, but I'm sure my beloved is enjoying the enforced silence. I'm going to make up for it with lots of wild gesticulations.
5. One thing I am going to do whilst in costume is avoid too much touching by tourists as I've heard that there can be all sorts of injuries due to people thinking the fur costumes are more padded that they are.
6. I would love making people smile, especially little children and the elderly, and this is where my clumsiness would come in handy as I'm sure a few falls would produce amusement amongst the visiting tourists.
7. Even though we aren't allowed to talk, we still have to help tourists if they ask questions, but we just have to be more inventive in how we do this. If asked for directions we have to point with two fingers, never just one - it's a Disney thing.
8. I think there would be lots of hugging going on between Chip and Dale and do you think people would mind if we walked around holding hands?
9. I'm hoping that we can have any food we want on our breaks, though that may not the healthiest thing for me to do. I'm thinking that walking around all day in a hot suit will help with weight loss, so maybe I can sneak the occasional donut, waffle, and fries.
10. I would love it if I saw anyone I knew, as I could then follow them and really play up to them without them having a clue that it's me.
Having written this I think it would be really fun to actually do this for a day or two - maybe a future career choice. Perhaps I could have a part-time job as a sports mascot or a character at shopping centres. This picture was taken several years ago when we cam across a Moomin at Covent Garden in London - I had to get a picture with him
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and make sure you be a little bit silly this week.
Pamela & Ken