1. What does/did Halloween look like at your house this year? Did you decorate? Pick pumpkins? Carve pumpkins? Expect trick or treaters? Wear a costume to a party or event? Make a costume? Feel glad you didn't have to come up with a costume? Cook a Halloween themed treat? Eat all the leftover candy?
I had to work until 8pm but my one concession to Halloween was painting my nails black for the day. My husband had one trick or treater call round and he was dressed as a star wars character and Ken got a joke for the treats. In Scotland trick or treating is called guising as children go door to door in disguise.
2. What are you waiting for? Elaborate
I am waiting for my next break with my beloved, not because I'm exhausted or need one desperately, more because we've just had a break and I love getting to spend so much time together exploring new things.
3. Do you wish you were friendlier, braver, more creative, more athletic, or something else? Explain.
I definitely wish I was braver. There are lots of points in my life where I wonder what would have been different if I'd been brave enough to really go after what I wanted.
4. When it comes time to paint are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone? What was the last paint job completed at your house? What room most needs painting now? How do you feel about wallpaper?
As we live in rental properties we don't really get to decorate, it's more that we accessorise. I'd love to have our own home (when we win the lottery) to paint how we wanted and I quite like the thought of one wall in each room covered in wallpaper as a feature wall. There are some lovely wallpapers around and I often walk down this aisle in the home improvement depot to imagine what our dream home would look like.
5. What is one specific thing you felt gratitude for in the month of October?
One specific thing that I felt gratitude for this month was the joy of sitting with my beloved, enjoying a meal in a restaurant, and just focusing on each other. I know that may sound slightly weird, but too often in life we don't focus entirely on the person we're with, even if that is by talking about problems, work, or the minutiae of life. Instead it's really good to just take that time to be mindful of each other, even if that's sitting, holding hands, and just being in the moment.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We've turned our cat into an addict and she's driving us mad. Princess Cookie Cat is currently sitting opposite us in the lounge room, intermittently meowing quite loudly, trying to convince us to go into the kitchen and give her a cat treat. Without realising it, both of us had been giving her treats when we went in the kitchen and now she expects them all the time, and if we don't give her some she tries to wear us down with her meowing. She's still totally adorable, but she can give the worst death stare when we try and ignore her.
|The picture of total innocence when she's sleeping|
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and think of three things you're grateful for right now.
Pamela & Ken
P.S: I'm now going to give in and give the demented feline some treats.