It's also a great topic as I am married to the self proclaimed president of cake club. First rule of cake club? You must never leave cake! Second rule of cake club? You must never leave cake! You get the picture.
Here's my list........
1. Mint Slices - my absolute number one, dark chocolate covering mint and a chocolate biscuit. Simply divine and a total taste of home (not sold in the UK).
2. Red Velvet Cupcake - so, so good, and the best is from the Hummingbird Bakery (none in Scotland).
3. Lamington - an Australian delicacy. Sponge cake dipped in chocolate and covered in coconut - a real taste of home.
4. Carrot Cake - and it has to have cream cheese frosting. One of the few cakes that my beloved will accept vegetables in.
5. Plain Croissant - I'm quite a simple girl really, and love a plain croissant, often with nothing, but also with butter and strawberry jam.
6. Coffee Cake - I'm not only a coffee drinker, I also love it in cake form.
7. Pasteis de Nata (Portugese Tart) - puff pastry and egg custard.
9. A Tunnock's Teacake - this is a Scottish delicacy. A biscuit base with soft marshmallow on top and then all of it encased in chocolate. The teacake was born in 1956.
10. Strawnoffee Tart - this is a treat that we've had once at a cafe on Scotlands West Coast. It's caramel, strawberries, cream, and chocolate - so good. The name is because it's like a banoffee pie but instead of bananas it had strawberries.
Are any of your favourites on my list? What would you have instead? Before you go, make sure you visit Tamara's blog, Part-time Working Hockey Mom, to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and treat yourself to your favourite sweet treat this week.
Pamela & Ken