Thursday, February 01, 2018

Top Ten Thursday - Happy Songs

This week for top ten Thursday, Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom has asked us to list songs that make us happy. All of these songs make me want to sing along, and several of them make me want to get up and dance. I wonder what you would have on your list.

1. David Bowie & Mick Jagger - Dancing in the Street

2. Travelling Wilburys - Last Night.
This one has a special place in my heart as when I did a Contiki tour of the states with three of my friends, this was the theme song of the tour which meant that it was played every morning on the bus for three weeks.

3. S Club 7 - Reach

4. Jimmy Barnes & INXS - Good Times

5. J. Geils Band - Centerfold

6. Bob Geldof - Great Song of Indifference. This used to be the song that the DJ would play to end the night at Bayrock, the nightclub in Burnie, Tasmania that my friends and I used to go to.


7. Aqua - Barbie Girl

8. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up


9. The B-52's  - Love Shack

10. Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor ft Pitbull

I hope you've had the sound turned up whilst listening to these songs - are any of them in your happy songs list.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and listen to your favourite songs this week.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S: Today is Princess Cookie Cat's birthday - she is 14!!



10 comments:

  1. I haven't heard #1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 10. I have heard of #5, 7, 8, 9. not much of a fan of Jennifer Lopez or dance music. #7 I thought is quite a silly song. good list.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissa. I love #7 as my colleagues used to say it was mine and Ken's song.

      Delete
  2. Pamela,

    What a good list of happy songs! I haven't listed to S Club 7 in forever! It have their CD. I need to load it to my computer so I can play. Thanks for the reminder and for stopping by to vote in this round of BoTB! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. S Club 7 have so many songs that make me smile that I love it when they come on the radio.

      Delete
  3. You're got a lot of great sound posted today.

    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Princess Cookie Cat,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

    I linked this post to Feline Friday, in honor of the birthday girl.

    Have a purrfect birthday. My best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee, and Cookie sends furry thank yous as well.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday beautiful Princess Cookie Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, "Travelling Wilburys" - can't remember when I last heard a song. Probably in the 80s? Same goes for INXS 😎
    Great to hear "Centerfold" again. It's been a while, too!
    Ohmygoodness, Barbie Girl! Fond memories of a week of skiing with a couple of friends.
    "On The Floor" is something I might play to work out!

    Have a wonderful birthday, Cookie! 💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love INXS but then I'm probably biased as they are from my home country, and one of their songs used to be in an aerobics routine I did weekly for a year in the 90's, so they also make me feel like I need to be working out.

      Delete